Senior Product Developer – Casual Jersey & Outerwear
An exciting senior position working across categories from casual jersey to outerwear. Working in a friendly and dynamic team, with International clients and supply base. We are based in North London and our business grows every year!! This is a busy and creative role, managing 150 options across two departments from concept through to production.
You will be responsible for garments from initial concept right though to production; creating mood boards, managing freelance designer, developing new products & liaising closely with factories.
This is premium product for premium brands, and it is designed and developed carefully keeping quality, aesthetics and functionality in mind at all times.
You will be working mainly on casual jersey so print knowledge is key. The role also covers casual outerwear and experience across leather and technical fabric would be a plus.
- Developing casual jersey, outerwear and multi product apparel for a premium, heritage brand, covering both men’s and womenswear
- You will be managing a team of freelance designers, working with them closely to create exciting and brand appropriate garments
- You will be working with factories on development and cost negotiations, managing lead-times, MOQ’s etc.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure product quality, fit and sizing is right for the markets
- You will be creating trend boards, range building, fabric and colour selection, print, trims and embroidery techniques. You will be sealing and approving samples and ensure all products are of a high quality standard
- You will be managing several critical paths at once, working across three seasons at a time, so organisation is key
- Some international travel will be involved, including factory visits
- You will report to the Development & Production Manager and support/manage junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree combine with a minimum of 5 years’ experience required in product development and production roles, with a similar background
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self starter with a highly proactive approach
- Willing to learn and possesses a can-do attitude
- Ability to work along and in a close-knit team with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Proficient in windows-based software, such as PowerPoint, Excel, Work and Outlook
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications January 31st 2020.